In-Line regenerative extruder
A unique selling point of SIKOPLAST are the machines of the SIKOREX series, which are more and more used especially in the nonwoven production process. Simplified, this is essentially a recycling extruder with the typical design of a conical screw, which is equipped with one or two independently operated material feeders. Here, the edge strips of the fleece winder are drawn inline, converted into melt and directly fed back into the extrusion process as melt, i.e. injected into the production extruder of the line. The second infeed can simultaneously process damaged or start-up rolls, in most cases in full width.
Innovations in the nonwoven sector
SIKOPLAST, open to new ideas, is facing a trend in the nonwoven sector: the hydrophilic or water-jet bonded fleece with the delivery of a modified line where edge strips and start-up rolls made of this material are directly fed into the production process as a melt. The modified recycling extruder has to be equipped with a longer screw (6 x L/D) because degassing is required, i.e. a vacuum suction pump must also be used. Furthermore, the use of a dosing pump must be planned.
How it works
- The material is fed directly from the winder (edge trim) and/or from the unwind stand (rolls) through one or two infeed units.
- It is then picked up, compressed and melted in the feed section of the extruder.
- The built-in pressure sensor monitors the melt pressure.
- The screen changer is used for melt filtration.
- A controlled return rate can be set at the melt pump.
- A flush bore hole allows the system to be started up easily.
- In the last step, the plastic melt is fed through a melt pipe into the production plant. An integrated non-return valve prevents the melt from flowing back from the production line into the SIKOREX extruder.
Areas of application
- Especially developed for the fleece and PE/PP film industry
- Nonwovens (SMS) with high MFI values and 100% "melt blown" content can be processed with maximum process stability
- Direct return of production residues in the form of melt to the production plant or a raw material reactor (e.g. for PA/PET fibres)
- For the return of reel goods or for direct edge trim return with infeed speeds of up to 375 m/min. Special solutions up to 600 m/min and more are available on request.
- Existing systems can be easily retrofitted.
Our supply range includes standard systems with material through-put performances from 30 kg/hour to around 250 kg/hour
The special screw geometry enables the gentle melting of materials and at the same time short periods of time in the system
No preliminary shredding is required. This reduces the loads on the materials and no milling dust is generated
Direct feeding of the melted plastic into the production extruder. The intermediate pelletising stage is eliminated with no need for a replacement stage
Thanks to the small L/D ratio of the screw and the washing boring for washing the system, it is possible to quickly change the material and colour
Low spatial requirements thanks to the compact method of construction
The speed of the draw-in roller is regulated to eliminate fluctuations in the infeed material and to ensure an even return quota
In addition, the plant can be expanded to include a melt pump to ensure precisely defined return quotas
Parallel infeed of edge trims and roller goods is enabled by a second infeeder, whereby both infeeders are regulated separately
If necessary, the plant can be fitted with a screen changer
The energy consumption is, when compared to OFF-LINE systems, half as expensive since both the preliminary shredding and the pelletising stages are eliminated
The fully automated return feed system does not require additional operating personnel
Short amortisation time as a result of the low investment costs, reduction of storage costs thanks to the direct return and the recycling process in production
Extruder systems offline
Our recycling extruders - optimised for the feeding of light, non-free-flowing feed materials.To extruder systems
Sikorex edge trim system
The SIKOREX series form the basis for an economic preparation - optimised for the return of roll material or for direct edge trim return.To Sikorex edge trim system
Hybrid edge trim system
The HYBRID system covers all requirements of a modern spunbond production - even on high-speed winders with speeds above 1,500 m/min a direct edge trim return is guaranteed.To Hybrid edge trim system
Our washing system with friction washer and the patented wet separation stage with integrated pre-flotation enable above-average purity grades, even with heavily soiled feed material.To washing plants